Philip Morris International plans to launch a new tobacco-free cartridge called LEVIA made of cellulose

Philip Morris International plans to launch a smoke-free product called LEVIA. It is made of cellulose. It contains tobacco tar, but not cigarettes. It is claimed to reduce harmful chemical emissions by 99%.

Recently, according to the Egyptian daily news reports, the Philippines International (PhilipMorrisInternational, PMI) plans to introduce a smoke-free smoke called LEVIA. LEVIA is made from cellulose, a natural plant fiber. Although it contains tobacco tar, it does not contain cigarettes.

 

GizelleBaker, Vice President of Global Scientific Topics at PMI (GizelleBaker) further explained LEVIA and PMI’s efforts in innovating smoke-free products.

 

Dr. Baker said PMI is looking forward to launching a heated smoke bomb called LEVIA soon. The product is mainly composed of cellulose, derived from natural plant fibers, which can also be obtained from tobacco leaves. LEVIA does not contain cigarettes but contains nicotine and propylene glycol, which produces vaping tar similar to e-cigarettes without the use of cigarette blades. Therefore, despite the habit of smoking, it does not contain the taste or taste of tobacco. Its unique taste makes it highly anticipated.

 

According to the study, compared to tobacco, e-cigarettes have an average reduction of 95% LEVIA emissions of harmful chemicals by 99 percent. % Discharge of harmful chemicals.

 

LEVIA is used for IQOSILUMA devices. The device can recognize the inserted product according to the different adjustment Settings of the product. After the LEVIA is available, PMI will update the firmware of the device to enable this feature, helping users improve the feeling of using the product.

 

Now LEVIA is ready to go public and plans to conduct a “consumer use” study when it hits the market.

 

Baker said, “We are excited to offer smokers a new choice from cigarette products to smoke-free products.”

 

Dr. Baker noted that the changes smokers need to make are mostly achieved by not producing smoke. When tobacco is lit and placed in an ashtray, it releases smoke into the room.

 

This is called environmental tobacco smoke and accounts for 85 percent of secondhand smoke. This will not happen if you choose to heat the cigarette instead of burning it. As a result, the risk of secondhand smoke exposure can be eliminated by 85%. The remaining 15% comes from the aerosol that customers spit out. Traditional tobacco contains large amounts of harmful chemicals in high concentrations, while alternatives reduce harmful chemicals by 95 to 99 percent, depending on the product.