Philip Morris International plans to launch a new product called LEVIA, a smokeless bomb made of cellulose.

Philip Morris International plans to launch a smokeless product called LEVIA, made from cellulose and containing tar but not cigarettes, which it says reduces harmful chemical emissions by 99 percent.

Recently, according to a report in the daily news Egypt, Mr Mo international (PhilipMorrisInternational, PMI) is planning to launch a called LEVIA smoke-free smoke flares. LEVIA is made from natural plant fiber – cellulose, and although it contains smoke tar, it does not contain cigarettes.

 

Gizelle Beck Beck is Vice President of Global Science programs at PMI. Gizelle Baker further explained LEVIA and PMI’s efforts in innovating smokeless goods.

 

Dr. Baker said PMI is looking forward to launching a heated smoke bomb called LEVIA soon. The product is mainly composed of cellulose, which originates from natural plant fibers and can also be obtained from tobacco leaves. LEVIA does not contain cigarettes, but contains nicotine and propylene glycol, and does not require the use of tobacco leaves to produce vaping-like aerosol smoke tar. Therefore, although there is a habit of smoking, there is no taste or taste of tobacco, but its unique taste is expected.

 

According to the study, the average value of e-cigarettes is reduced by 95 compared to tobacco. On average, % LEVIA reduced emissions of harmful chemicals by 999. % Discharge of harmful chemicals.

 

Use LEVIA on IQOSILUMA devices. The device can recognize the inserted product and adjust it according to different products. After LEVIA is available, PMI will update the device’s firmware to enable this feature, helping users improve the feeling of using the product.

LEVIA is now ready for the market and plans to research “consumer use” when it launches.

 

Baker said, “We are excited to offer smokers a new choice from cigarette products to smoke-free products.”

 

Dr. Baker noted that the changes smokers need to make are mostly achieved by not producing smoke. When tobacco is lit and placed in an ashtray, the smoke is released into the house.

 

It is known as environmental tobacco smoke and accounts for 85% of secondhand smoke inhaled. And that doesn’t happen if you choose to heat the cigarette instead of burning it. Therefore, the risk of exposure to secondhand smoke can be eliminated by 85%. The remaining 15% comes from the aerosol that customers spit out. Traditional tobacco contains large amounts of harmful chemicals in high concentrations, while alternative products reduce harmful chemicals by 95 to 99 percent, depending on the product.